Tuesday, January 19, 2010

toes.

Found my camera a LONG time ago, but I haven't been doing a good job at updating this blog. I think things have gotten so busy once I started working. I haven't been taking pictures like I've wanted to. I left my camera that takes film, yes I know it's old school, out of storage so I can take some pictures of the country side, but haven't busted it out yet. It's beautiful here in all seasons except for winter after December. After Christmas it feels just brown and white, very muted colors. Nothing really appealing to my eyes. It almost makes me want to scream "enough with the ughness! I need some green!". But I think that's just because I am still adjusting to Utahness.
I think 2010 is the year for simplifying. Our goals are the same as last year, but I think we are embracing the "if you take care of yourself first, then others will benefit". I don't mean I am going to get selfish, but I find I have more energy and more love to give when I do a couple of things for myself. A few weeks ago I started zumba. It's really fun and it's a great workout.. I felt like my old dancing days were back. I wasn't denying my children time with me by taking this hour a couple times a week in the late evening. I also started reading my scriptures or a book nightly after I put the kids to bed. Of course I read the twilight saga recently and have had so much fun getting chance to sit down and read again, I almost felt giddy.
Now for the unselfish part, I feel we need to do more service. My kids have become very comfortable with their lifestyle and all that they have, that they have almost come to expect getting whatever they want. We haven't had a lot of money to buy them toys in the past, but for some reason their room is overflowing with wonderful toys. Literally overflowing. Also I feel we are all a part of this world and we should all help out each other, obviously easier said than done.
Anyhow.. on a lighter note...The boys are loving the snow up here. They are crazy outdoor adventure boys. Even Derek is a crazy sledder. We are missing Kayla like crazy though. I really can't wait until things are better and we move back down with her. I hope that the economy picks up and they start hiring teachers once again. I have a feeling that Matt will be very busy with Juniper this year and that is a good thing. Life takes crazy turns, so no matter what I will try to be on my toes to be ready to make the change.

1 comment:

krisha said...

I love the quality of "old school" 35mm cameras - they just have a look that a digi can't acheive.

I've been wanting to join a zumba class - it seems like so much fun! I'm glad you're doing it, and I'm glad you're doing something for yourself. You don't ever need to feel that you look selfish when you take care of yourself, because you're totally right, taking care of you first means being better prepared to take care of those you love. Good entry, I hope you keep this thing up :o)